Tuesday, August 16, 2016

A disappointing end to a disappointing season

My race report of the Thousand Islands Olympic race is up. Not only did I not meet my goals for the race, but I had to DQ myself due to a mistake made on the run course. After the cancellation of Perth, and the swim-cancelled National Championship, it's almost fitting that this is how my season finished.
I take a few positives from this race in that I would have at least cracked the Top 5 overall, and I did learn a few more things about what type of tapering strategies work (and which don't work) for me.

As of now I'm done with triathlon for this year. I've got a few other goals I want to work on - I'd like to officially break 20 minutes for a 5K run, and am toying with running a half-marathon this fall; I'd also like to try my hand at time-trialing on the bike, perhaps taking a crack at a 1 hour 40km TT.

No comments:

Post a Comment