Sunday, April 10, 2016

New Shoes Part 3

The followup at Solefit didn't end up happening. A busy schedule and the 45 minute drive made it impossible to get in within the 2 week time period I had to test the shoes from Sports4.

In the end it wasn't really a problem. The Fastwitch was the clear winner. I couldn't really imagine going with the Mizunos - they just didn't fit as comfortably, and the stiff sole felt unnatural. In contrast, the Saucony's had a much more natural feel. Decent amount of flex in the sole, wide toe box - an overall more pleasant running experience.

I've been running outside in them, on the road and at the track, and still mixing in some treadmill work as I slowly transition into running outside (I did this too quick last year and it resulted in some injuries). So far so good. I'm also being more attentive to my running gait and wearing CorrectToes, and my toe pain is mostly gone. Hard to say if any one factor is more at play there but it''s reasonable to assume it's a combination of the three.

Once my transition to running outside is complete I'll be starting into some speedwork, so that will be another test.

No comments:

Post a Comment